According to colleagues Mr. Charles Kepler was found deceased in his 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in a draw south of Cody in the red lakes area late Saturday night.
Kepler had gone for a drive when his vehicle became lodged in a draw in such a way that he was unable to get out of the SUV.
Mr. Kepler was reported to have been found by a party on ATV’S. His full obituary will be forthcoming.
BElow is the official police report released this morning:
REPORT UNDER OG – 12-178
CITY OF CODY
July 9, 2012
To: Media Release
From: Chief of Police
Subject: MISSING PERSON – CHARLES KEPLER – LOCATED
1. On Monday, July 2, 2012, at approximately 5:49 p.m., the Cody Police Department received a missing person’s report on a Charles George Kepler, 89 yoa. The reporting person stated that Mr. Kepler had not been seen since 06:30 a.m., this date, and that he had not made a regularly scheduled meeting that day and that his office had not seen or heard from him either.
2. The days leading up to Mr. Kepler being found, law enforcement and friends of Mr. Kepler worked in fellowship in trying to locate him.
3. On Friday, July 6, 2012, after all attempts were unsuccessful, an Endangered Person Advisory was issued for Mr. Kepler through the National Crime Information Center.
4. On Saturday, July 7, 2012, at approximately 7:19 p.m., the Park County Sheriff’s Department received a report of a vehicle, matching the description of that driven by Mr. Kepler, found in the Red Lake area south of Cody with a deceased male inside.
5. When deputies from the Park County Sheriff’s Department arrived on scene, they confirmed that the deceased male was Charles George Kepler.
6. The investigation is still on-going. At this time, it does not appear foul play was a factor in his death. Any additional requests for information should be forwarded to the Park County Sheriff’s Department #307-527-8700.
Perry Rockvam, Chief