Cody Man Pleads Not Guilty in Gunfighter Incident

4331531

A Cody man has plead not guilty to five counts of reckless endangerment for firing a loaded weapon in a Cody Gunfighters performance this summer.
51 year old Steve Winsor was arrested earlier this week for discharging a firearm at or in the direction of others at a performance in front of the Irma Hotel on July 29. Three spectators, including a three year old child, were injured by lead balls fired from a gun during the nightly performance of the Cody Gunfighters.
According to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Cody Police Detective Ron Parduba, other gunfighters said that each of the performers are responsible for inspecting their own firearms prior to the performances. On the date of the shooting, Winsor told officers that he had not inspected his gun that day, and the day before had fired live rounds from that firearm at Red Lake.
Police Lieutenant Jason Stafford says the evidence was sent to the state crime lab in Cheyenne, which ultimately led to the arrest warrant being issued.

Winsor entered his plea in front of Circuit Court Judge Bruce Waters on Tuesday, in which bond was set at $7500. He was given a court-appointed attorney, and a jury trial date was set for mid-July.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*